§1 (name and registered office)
(1) The association bears the name: German Titans
(2) It shall be entered in the register of associations and shall then bear the addition "e.V.".
(3) The seat of the association is Bad Kreuznach, Germany.
§2 (Financial year)
(1) The financial year shall begin on 1 October of each year.
§3 (Non-profit status)
(1) The association pursues exclusively and directly charitable purposes in the sense of the section "tax-privileged purposes" of the tax code.
(2) It is selflessly active and does not primarily pursue its own economic purposes. The association's funds may only be used for purposes in accordance with the statutes.
(3) The members do not receive any contributions from the funds of the association. No person may be favoured by expenses which are alien to the purpose of the association or by disproportionately high remunerations.
(1) The association serves
(a) the camaraderie and solidarity of its fans in Germany, German-speaking Europe and beyond. The purpose and task of the association is to promote the fan culture of the Tennessee Titans.
(b) To support the American Football Team of the Tennessee Titans in a fair sporting manner by visiting players of the team in the USA and/or Great Britain and/or other countries, the NFL (National Football League) should further expand the International Series, as well as fan club meetings with other fan clubs of other teams.
(c) the organisation of joint "watch parties" and other events (e.g. annual summer meetings).
(d) the promotion of cross-border contacts with other members of the association from German-speaking countries.
(e) the promotion of contacts and solidarity between other Titans fan clubs abroad and fan clubs of other franchises in Germany.
(2) The purpose of the statutes is realised in particular through
(a) the organisation and conduct of meetings for TV broadcasts of Tennessee Titans matches, fan club trips to Tennessee Titans matches, the organisation of tickets for Tennessee Titans matches, and the organisation of events organised by the fan club itself.
(b) selfless activity, it does not pursue its own economic purposes.
(c) The association is free from political, racial and denominational ties and represents the principle of religious and ideological tolerance as well as party political neutrality.
§5 (Use of funds)
(1) The funds of the association may only be used for the statutory purposes. The members do not receive any contributions from the funds of the association.
§6 (Prohibition of Benefits)
(1) No person may be favoured by expenses which are alien to the purpose of the corporation or by disproportionately high remuneration.
§7 (Acquisition of membership)
(1) Natural persons or legal entities can become members of the association.
(2) The application for membership must be made in writing.
(3) The board decides on the application for membership.
(4) The applicant is entitled to appeal against the rejection, which does not require a reason, to the general meeting, which then makes the final decision.
§8 (Termination of membership)
(1) Membership ends through resignation, exclusion, death or dissolution of the legal entity.
(2) Resignation is possible at the end of each quarter and must be submitted to the Executive Board in writing at least four weeks before the end of membership.
(3) An exclusion can only take place for an important reason. Important reasons are, in particular, conduct that is detrimental to the Association's objectives, breach of statutory obligations or arrears of contributions of at least half a year. The executive committee decides on the exclusion. Against the exclusion the member is entitled to appeal to the general meeting, which is to be addressed in writing within one month to the executive committee. The general meeting makes the final decision within the framework of the association.
(1) Each member of the club shall be obligated to pay the annual dues. The membership fee is due at the beginning of the financial year or at the time of joining and is transferred to the association's bank account or PayPal account.
(2) The full annual membership fee must be paid to the association by 31.12. of the year at the latest. If this is not the case, all membership rights of the member concerned shall be suspended until full payment has been made.
(3) The amount of the membership fee shall be determined by the general meeting and shall be laid down in a membership fee schedule.
(4) In case of dissolution of the association or termination of membership, the members have no claim to the association's assets.
§10 (Organs of the Association)
(1) Organs of the association are the general meeting and the executive committee.
§11 (General Assembly)
(1)The general meeting is the supreme organ of the association. Its duties include, in particular, the election and deselection of the Board of Directors, the discharge of the Board of Directors, the receipt of reports from the Board of Directors, the election of the cash auditor, the determination of contributions and their due date, the adoption of resolutions on amendments to the Articles of Association, the adoption of resolutions on the dissolution of the Association, decisions on the admission and exclusion of members in cases of appeal as well as other duties, insofar as these arise from the Articles of Association or under the law.
(2) In the fourth quarter of each business year an ordinary general meeting shall take place.
(3) The executive committee is obliged to convene an extraordinary general meeting if at least one third of the members request this in writing or by e-mail stating their reasons.
(4) The general meeting shall be convened by the executive committee in writing or electronically by e-mail, stating the agenda, with a notice period of one month. The period begins with the day following the dispatch of the invitation letter. The letter of invitation shall be deemed to have been received by the members if it was sent to the last e-mail address given to the association.
(5) The agenda is to be supplemented if a member requests this in writing at the latest one week before the scheduled date. The amendment shall be announced at the beginning of the meeting.
(6) Motions concerning the deselection of the executive committee, the amendment of the statutes and the dissolution of the association, which have not already been received by the members with the invitation to the general meeting, can only be decided at the next general meeting.
(7) The general meeting has a quorum regardless of the number of members present.
(8) The general meeting shall be chaired by a member of the executive committee.
(9) A secretary shall be elected at the beginning of the general meeting.
(10) Each member present at the general meeting (exception §9, paragraph 2) who has reached the age of 14 has one vote.
(11) Each member has one vote. The right to vote can only be exercised personally.
(12) Voting is decided by a simple majority of the votes cast.
(13) Amendments to the statutes and the dissolution of the association can only be decided with a majority of 2/3 of the members present.
(14) Abstentions and invalid votes shall be disregarded.
(15) Minutes shall be taken of the resolutions of the General Meeting and signed by the chairman of the meeting and the secretary.
§12 (Board of Directors)
(1) The executive committee in the sense of §26 BGB consists of the first and second chairmen. They represent the association in and out of court. Both members of the board are equal and have sole power of representation.
(2) The executive committee is elected by the general meeting for a period of one year.
(3) Board members can only become members of the association.
(4) Re-election is permitted.
(5) The board remains in office until a new board is elected.
(6) Upon termination of membership in the association, the office of the board also ends.
(7) The board can only be made liable for grossly negligent or intentionally caused damage.
§13 (cash audit)
(1) The general meeting shall elect a treasurer for a period of one year.
(2) The treasurer may not be a member of the board.
(3) Re-election is permitted.
(4) The treasurer can only be held liable for damages caused by gross negligence or intent.
§14 (Dissolution of the Association)
(1) In the event of the dissolution or dissolution of the Association or in the event of the discontinuation of tax-privileged purposes, the assets of the Association shall pass to the Bread for the World Foundation, a relief organisation of the Protestant regional churches and free churches in Germany.
§15 (Ineffectiveness of parts of the statutes)
(1) In the event of invalidity of provisions contained in parts of the Articles of Association, the remaining part of the Articles of Association shall remain fully effective.